Running an LC app from the command line

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Jun 4 19:31:25 EDT 2014

I would like to run an existing lc standalone from the command line,
passing it parameters that will determine what it should do.

Searched the list archives and found that I can reference $1, $2, etc to
get the parameters and that works just fine.

I would also like the app to not display its main stack when it is run with
parameters.  I saw some posts on the list archives that mentioned the -ui
flag to achieve this but when I tried that, I got an error "exiting on
signal 10".  I'm guessing I can simply hide the mainstack to achieve this
but wondered if there is any other way to do it.

The above was all on a Mac but I'll need it to run on Windows as well.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>