[TAO] value() to obtain pointer functionality

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Mon Jul 28 17:08:59 EDT 2014

Well, it all started in 1987.

("a"), and (quote & "a" & quote) are not the same thing at all. One is a literal and the other is a variable.

 put 1 into a
put "a" into b
put value(b)

You could have just "put b". But in any case, the variable "a" was created and loaded with a "1". Then the variable "b" was created and loaded with the literal "a". The two never spoke to each other.

Is this what you meant? It is harder to read my post than understand it.

Craig