RevOnline & User Comments in the Dictionary

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 10:38:20 EDT 2014

On Jul 27, 2014, at 10:27 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Peter M. Brigham wrote:
>
> > (Sorry, like Richmond, I am not using LC 6.x for most of what I
> > do, since that would involve updating 32,000 lines of script.)
>
> I must have missed something, as I've been happily working away in v6 without ever noticing that my old code wasn't supposed to work.
>
> Can you offer any specifics about what your 32,000 lines are using that requires them to be rewritten for v6?

Not sure really. I tried opening my stack system with 6.5 Community and the ask password thing wouldn't work so I couldn't proceed, and I decided not to pursue it further. Since it works just fine for me and I rely on it completely for work, I wasn't willing to take the chance on it corrupting my data. I should probably give it another try, maybe you're right and it would only take a little tweaking. But most of my tweaking is done in between patients, so I don't want to run the risk of encountering a major problem and having my work grind to a screeching halt.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig