RevOnline & User Comments in the Dictionary

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 10:17:08 EDT 2014

On 27/07/14 17:01, Peter M. Brigham

<snip>

  (Sorry, like Richmond, I am not using LC 6.x for most of what I do, since that would involve updating 32,000 lines of script.)

That is slightly misleading:

My commercial ventures (such as they are: gross income for 2014 = 20
Euros) are all made with LC 4.5
because I don't have the money to upgrade the commercial version.

My other ventures [ = all the nonsense I lob at the Forums & EFL
programs for my school are made using anything between 2.2.1 Linux and
6.6.2 Community]

Were I, for the sake of argument, to suddenly come into lots and lots of
money I'd buy a cottage by the
sea somewhere in Orkney, The Outer Hebrides or along the north coast of
Sutherland, possibly near Tongue; and then, if anything were left, I
would probably NOT buy LC 7.0.0 as I would have also to update a vast
number of lines of script, unless there was a socking great advantage re
the sort of
programs I make.

Notwithstanding the above: your LCdictPlugin maybe "quick-and-dirty" as
you put it, but I would
rather call it "quick-and-gets-the-job-done".

Thanks for that!

Richmond.

P.S. Anybody who thinks it would be "a good thing" if I bought a house
in any of the places mentioned
above is more than welcome to roll along to my website [
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/richmond/home.html] and pop the odd
quarter million into my PayPal account.

Come to think of things; as some chap ran a kickstarter thing to buy a
pizza, maybe I should run one to buy a house in the far north of Scotland!

If that seems a bit too much of a strain, how about $50 for Devawriter
Pro, or 20 Euros for Pismo?

<snip>