Maiden speech from an old man

hh hh at livecode.org
Sat Jul 26 12:43:00 EDT 2014

[Kay wrote:]

> ... this List is the fastest option I've got... hope you find an advantage in both.
You also are mixing a purely formal usability and content arguments. You could use Lynx (Lynxlet on Mac) ...

> Who would have thought that Arduino posts would have been categorised under either of those.
The OP chooses the forum, very seldom an admin. There is a Raspberry Pi forum, add Arduino posts to there. Or ask for an own Arduino forum or for adding "Arduino" to the name of this Raspi forum. There are also other LC users interested in Arduino.

> Long live the List
I don't and didn't want to "kill" the use-list. I wanted to integrate it:
My neighbour built a new house in place of an old, all around the bedroom of his grandmother. She wished to keep her customs untouched (including room height, door height and window size). Looked a bit funny from outside, but it worked perfectly, for both.

[Marc v.C. wrote:]

> See my feature request here: http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20100
The thread goes further than I did. List-serve integration has some security holes, that's why they 'stopped' the MOD for phpBB3. Perhaps some of the admins links as a first step, at top of the forum to the uselist (opening with sorting 'by thread')?

But with your starting post (the "sync" request) I fully agree and go with you.

========
Summary.
My time bandwidth is limited too. Distributing my time to reading both doesn't work satisfying for me, I tested now two weeks. I have to choose one for activity (the other for looking in - sometimes). I'll choose the forum for activity.

Long live the list, it was worth a try, some impressively good posts here.
Kind regards to all, with my full respect.

Hermann