Maiden speech from an old man

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 17:26:41 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Alex Tweedly <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:

> What more advantage does anyone need ?
>
> It's beyond me how anyone can be bothered with the forums (which makes me
> wonder if what I need for the forums is a "Forums for Dummies" guide).

Yes.

Listserves and usenet on the one hand, and web fora on the other, are
completely different creatures.

A couple of years ago, someone at NACBA (consumer bankruptcy attorneys) got
the bright idea to change our listserve to a forum.

The response was a new listserve, and the bulk of hte more knowledgeable
folks snubbing the web forum. and that administrator caved quickly.

They just don't read the same.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462