Maiden speech from an old man

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jul 25 15:09:13 EDT 2014

Hi Hermann:

Jacque summed up the issue well, as has been done many times.  Her points
explain why many of us choose to participate more on this list, rather
than the forums -- none of the reasons have to do with exclusivity or
knowing veteran developers.

What's funny is, forum users have often asked for some way to get the mail
list included in a forum, while many of the mail list users (including
myself) have asked repeatedly to have the forum content accessible via
email.  It goes both ways.

Jacque (and Richard) have explained how this is "sort of" possible.  But
the reality is, there's less incentive to respond to a forum post when
it's many hours (or a day) old.

The mail list isn't a "club" -- it's a medium of convenience  :-)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design