Maiden speech from an old man

hh hh at livecode.org
Fri Jul 25 09:26:28 EDT 2014

This is my first "speech" here, it's more a (slightly provocative) plea.

I'm now 18 months with LC, at about one year participating LC's forum. In the last weeks I sometimes looked in here. There are very interesting and high level threads in this club of "since-the-early-days-of-MC-users-corner".

Fine, it's an open club but still very familiar. One knows each other and knows all posts of this one or the other user of the last 10-20 years or the full correspondence of a thread crossing several years. Some mystic atmosphere by this, not to say 'esoteric'.

I think, it is a pity that this goes so much its own way.

All we 'new' users, from 10-99, want to learn from you and, don't underestimate this, give you the chance to learn from some (randomly seldom) brilliant posts of us -:).

Appreciated very much, some of you participate also in the forum, some cite threads from here, some even try to connect threads or single posts from here to the forum (especially Bernd, Craig, Richmond and Richard, thanks for that).

Let's find a way to come closer in the community, to come together, right now. Why not make an "Insider's corner" in the forum?

Hermann