Naive question 5978 + 1

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 07:24:38 EDT 2014

On 25/07/14 14:03, Peter W A Wood wrote:
> Richmond
>
> That's probably because it was a Field with the Table properties set.
>
> I found that out by taking a look at Bernd's stack which was referred to earlier.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter

Well that is very much still a feature, and I'm not going to bother
teaching my programming kids about
datagrids as:

1. As has been pointed out by various people who know better than me,
they are horribly clunky and
need to be replaced.

Just learning the commands for fooling around with them is more trouble
than it is worth for the
sake of messing around with a spreadsheet.

2. Importing a TAB and/or COMMA delimited text file exported from
LibreOffice Calc or (heavens above)
Microsoft Excel into a field with the Table props set is "quite the thing".

Richmond.