QT in Release 7 dp-7

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Thu Jul 24 12:55:23 EDT 2014

On Jul 24, 2014, at 1:24 AM, stephen barncard <stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In fact, were I to upgrade to 7.0 the functionality would be broken
>> (Unicode).
>>
>> "If it ain't broke, don't upgrade it."
>>

> Fine for you but...
>
> Doesn't anybody get what I'm saying?
>
> that the audio/video record features were broken and half-developed before.
>
> and I was hoping against hope that V7  or 6.7 will finally have this stuff
> working.

I get you for sure.  Have been waiting for this feature myself.  We do not use the recording aspect QT, but we do need smooth playback for video on all platforms. Our testing shows that the playback is very smooth in early builds. Have not tested recently though. Updated media for Mac at least is the key feature we need out of 6.7.  Will solve the very poor playback we are experiencing with OS 10.8 and 10.9.  Our user base is letting us know how unhappy they are with the video playback today.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
CanelaSoftware.com
LiveCloud.io