delete specified text?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 03:49:14 EDT 2014

So; I have an urge to delete some text from lines of a list field, like
this:

put 1 into QOUNT
    repeat until line QOUNT of fld "PROCD" is empty
       delete word 2 of line QOUNT of fld "PROCD"
       add 1 to QOUNT
    end repeat

which is all fine and dandy.

The ONLY problem is that the word ('Plovdiv') that I want to remove from
the lines of the list field is NOT always the second word . . .

Ever a trier, I tried this:

put 1 into QOUNT
    repeat until line QOUNT of fld "PROCD" is empty
       delete "Plovdiv" from line QOUNT of fld "PROCD"
       add 1 to QOUNT
    end repeat

No joy . . .

Now, I suppose I could have a routine that trots down the line checking
if each word is 'Plovdiv',
and if so, deleting it.

Seems a bit wasteful and slow . . .

I t would be rather jolly if

delete "Specific word" from line X of fld "Y"

could be implemented.

Richmond.