Diacritics in folder names

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 13:11:17 EDT 2014

Thanks for the reply, but I want to be able to name my folders like this example "écologie".
I don't want to use "ecologie" (missing the diacritical).
I don't want to use "%A9cologie" (URL-encoded is too cryptic).
I don't want to use unicode double-bytes either; even worse than URL-encoded.

On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:44:17 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:

On 22/07/14 17:35, Alain Farmer wrote:

> I am using LiveCode 6.6.2 on Debian.
> I wanted to use folders with diacritics in their name: é, è, à, etc.
> Alas, LiveCode apparently does not allow this.
>
> 1. answer there is a folder "écologie" -- answers false
> 2. answer there is a folder "ecologie" -- answers true
> 3. answer there is a folder "%A9cologie" -- answers true
>
> Is there something I could do to make first one answer TRUE ?

How about:  set the useUnicode to true ???

Richmond.