Standalone "Not Responding"

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Jul 22 10:00:21 EDT 2014

Hi,

While using repeat loops, include the line

wait 0 millisecs with messages

at the end of your repeat loop (before end repeat). This will give your
app some time to update the GUI and to communicate with the OS.

If you're downloading large amounts of data from a website, consider
using PHP to execute the query. Use the load command to retrieve the
data and use the urlStatus function to display progress. The load also
allows you to use a callback message, which makes it possible to
implement a fully non-blocking solution.

Alternatively, download smaller amounts of data (but that alone isn't an
option, if the server needs a long time to execute the query).

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com