HTML5 Campaign

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 03:29:58 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 3:00 AM, stephen barncard <
stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com> wrote:

> > ... If the goal is not reached, the funds will not be matched and the
> >development for that feature will be kicked down the road for an
> >unspecified time.

So the goal needs to be reached for the fund matching to occur? Normally
most matching schemes simply will match funds up to a specific amount.

Since this is a crowdsourcing project where are the details of the matching
posted?

It is ambiguous in the phrasing which is my confusion...

If we don't make the minimum target of $395,000 by campaign end date, we
reserve the right to cancel this project and refund all pledges.

By collecting the pledges before reaching the goal seems against the
traditional crowdsourcing projects. It is easier to collect the money
pledged if successful else nothing needs to be done. By collecting the
pledges before the goal is met is counter intuitive given they would need
to do all the refunds.

This is why I assumed that the project is going to happen regardless of
reaching the goal but if the matching is as you described then statement
makes even less sense.