Commercial Indy License for HTML5

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 09:55:27 EDT 2014

Maybe I'm naive, but:

as far as I understand things, the main difference

[and I am not even going to touch on legal issues here as everybody
well knows that what is hackable, legal or illegal, gets hacked sooner
or later]

between the Commercial and Community editions of Livecode is
that with the Commercial variant one can password protect one's code
and with the Community variant one cannot.

What this means is that it is hellishly difficult for somebody to
extract the
code from a standalone produced with the Commercial version,

while it is dead easy from a standalone produced with the Community
version.

This is the SINGLE reason to buy the commercial version of Livecode.

Now, if the HTML5 'thing' that the new/HTMLfived version of Livecode
will produce
does not differ between the Commercial and Community versions; i.e. the code
[whether this be Javascript or Livecode] is still gettable at: why would
anyone
bother to buy the Commercial variant?

If I am lucky, in my naivety, I have just summarised the main question
that is at the centre of all the other postings in this thread.

Richmond.