LiveCodeServer - Prints shebang line

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 20:36:03 EDT 2014

I've found that if you run a LiveCode script with a shebang line as a cgi script, the LiveCode Server process does not terminate (even with a quit command).

I ran this simple script:

	#!<full path to>/livecode-server

	set the outputLineEndings to "lf"
	put "Content-type: text/html" & crlf & crlf
	put "<p>Hello from a LiveCodeServer CGI script</p>" & return
	quit

It runs successfully from the command line:

	$ ./livecode.cgi

When I run the script as a CGI the LiveCode Server process does not end and has to be cancelled.

I was using LiveCode Server 6.6.1 on OS X 10.9.4

If somebody can confirm this I will submit a bug report.

Regards

Peter