Update of old apps

jbv at souslelogo.com jbv at souslelogo.com
Wed Jul 16 05:08:11 EDT 2014

Hi list,
Yesterday I was asked by a client to do cosmetic changes
on an app I wrote several years ago with LC 4.5 or so, a
time when table fields and datagrids were still in their
infancy or even non-existent, and for which I had to
code workarounds. The client still uses the app on a
daily basis.
The app opened without problem in LC 6.2 editor, but
I realized that large parts needed major rewriting
because of all the new features available in the most
recent versions of LC. But of course the client will
never agree to spend a single dime on that...
Just curious : how do you guys handle that kind of
situation ?

Thanks
jbv