RLE images

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 14 17:25:16 EDT 2014

On 7/14/2014, 4:06 PM, Richmond wrote:
> On 14/07/14 23:42, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> It used to be that any image imported into a stack, regardless of the
>> original format, was converted to RLE. Is that still the case, or are
>> they now saved as the original jpg, png, etc. ?
>>

> Well?
>
> If there is a way to tell what format an embedded image in a stack is in
> one could work this out.

I only need to know if the conversion is still happening. My client is
going through hoops converting all their images to jpg to save space in
the stack. If everything is being converted to RLE anyway then it
doesn't matter what they send me, it's all ending up the same way
internally, so they don't need to bother.

But I think this changed a while ago, and if so, then we need to import
jpgs. But I can't remember.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com