Conflicting paths

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jul 11 22:11:13 EDT 2014

Richard-

Friday, July 11, 2014, 9:07:30 AM, you wrote:

> A circle is defined as an infinite number of points a given distance
> from a given point.

> Of course you won't be returning an infinite number of points, but even
> every pixel might be a bit much for some needs.

Indeed. I do feel a bit like squaring the circle here. So here's what
I've done:

The roundrect corners currently use ten segments to determine the
curve. That seems a bit rough-edged for modern usage, so I upped it to
90 segments, one per degree. I then leveraged that routine to allow
for 360 segments for an oval, and that seems to be quite effective
when creating an oval by assigning points to a polygon.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.