SQL Join question

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 18:59:57 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Mark Smith
<Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca> wrote:
> Thanks Peter. Good discussion. I'll check on the developer list to see if
> anyone knows if there is an iPad device ID I can grab. Perhaps another
> widget for Monte to work on :)

I know I'm late to the thread (just enjoyed 2 weeks bicycling from
Amsterdam to Frankfurt with my wife:-) but I thought I might point out
this clause of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement:

3.3.9     You and Your Applications…. Further, neither You nor Your
Application will use any permanent, device-based identifier, or any
data derived therefrom, for purposes of uniquely identifying a device.

This appears to be the result of this:

http://blogs.avg.com/mobile/apple-ios-7-puts-unique-device-ids/

So it looks like UDIDs and MAC Addresses are off limits but the
'Advertising IDs' are the way to go.

Sorry, I have no idea how to create or crab one of those.