Ordinal numbers

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 4 14:06:28 EDT 2014

On 7/4/2014, 12:53 PM, Richmond wrote:
> So; perhaps the way to keep everybody happy (well, Thee and Me, at
> least) is to have some sort of
> rider in the Dictionary where the ordinal numbers are, that that is for
> backward compatibility and
> "delete char 3" is to be preferred.

But it isn't for backward compatibility; that came up only because some
people wanted to removed the terms. Nor is there a "preferred" syntax.
The ordinals exist as an option for those who find them to be more
natural. It's another choice, just as all the other synonyms in the
language are choices. We like choice.

I remember seeing documentation somewhere about the one through ten
constants, and when you first mentioned the omission I did a quick look
but couldn't find it. I agree it should probably be in the dictionary,
and a quick report in the QCC could fix that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com