Inhibit mouse Events possible?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Jul 3 13:45:24 EDT 2014

Hi Bill,

One way to do this:

local lBusy,lSecs
on mouseUp
    if lBusy is true then
       beep
       exit mouseUp
    else if lBusy is not true then
       put true into lBusy
       put the seconds into lSecs
       repeat forever with messages
          // some long task here
          if the seconds - lSecs > 5 then exit repeat
          wait 0 millisecs with messages
       end repeat
       put false into lBusy
    end if
end mouseUp

This script doesn't allow running the script again, as long as it hasn't
finished. If you have multiple controls that should not be used while
the script runs, you can disable the other controls or use a global
variable and check the global variable in the other scripts.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com