Launch URL to run Windows program using command line switches

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Tue Jul 1 03:11:33 EDT 2014

Mark,

Bingo! I have it working now and it is a bit convoluted. The aliasReference command in conjunction with knowing the actual path to the Start Menu makes it work.

Here is the final code for Windows.
            set the hideConsoleWindows to true —so we don’t get the cmd window flashing
            put the aliasReference of "C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs/Zultys MX/MXIE.lnk" into tLInk —actual path to .lnk file
            put tLink && "mxie cmd=show;call=" & vNumber into vLink —combine the dial command with the phone number to dial
            get shell(quote & vLink & quote) —execute the shell command

Whew!

Thanks everyone.

Bill Vlahos