LiveCode Server on OS X

Brahmanathswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Jan 31 22:28:11 EST 2014

I would like to use LiveCode server on our OS X Mavericks Server outside
an http context.

There seems to be issues on that box with running AFP file sharing,
doing Web services and FTP mirros from our remote box in San Francisco
all on the same machine. All kinds of permissions issues. The admin
wants to discontinue web services on that machine and move all our
mirrors to another server so that our server on the LAN does one thing
only: AFP file sharing. (I'm not convinced that doing all three is not
doable.. but those in charge can't seem to resolve issues and this is
their solution...)

till now, I've been successfully pinging
http://local.domain.org/someProcess.lc  with web services/apache running
on the server, over the network from desktop apps to get data from the
machine.. I run some shelll commands from the *.lc files. for instances
you can use the locate database on the machine to do some very powerful
searches and get a better UI for search than Spotlight and offer users
all kinds of features/filters... I do this with a desktop client that
currently posts search string to the CGI.lc which then run a locate look
up and returns results via port 80 to the desktop client.

If Apache/web services go away... can we still use LiveCode server on
the box?  I'm not quite sure how I can remotely trigger scripts over the
network if we can't use http... but wondering...can it be done?

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai's Hindu Monastery
www.HimalayanAcademy.com