SSL + static IP with an on-rev account

jbv at souslelogo.com jbv at souslelogo.com
Fri Jan 31 10:40:00 EST 2014

Dave,

I've been working all day on 1 of our sites still hosted on pancake (with
static ip) and from time to time the server response can be very slow
(like 10 to 15 sec for a simple ajax request)... I guess this is related
to the server charge which can vary during the day...
Actually, a few months ago, we moved most of our sites from a
regular on-rev account to a dedicated server (also hosted and maintained
by on-rev) and things improved by several orders of magnitude.
Of course this is significanly more expensive, but we actually transfered
the sites of 3 different accounts, so splitting the cost between the 3
accounts, each one having several sites/clients to whom we van charge a
small monthly hosting fee makes the thing cost-effective.

Best,
jbv