652 release

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Jan 29 04:37:50 EST 2014

Am 29.01.2014 um 00:29 schrieb Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>:

> Nonetheless, something that hasn't been offically announced is pretty much
> guaranteed to be broken, or at least not ready to be downloaded, installed,
> launched, or mentioned in mixed company.

For listmembers: Yes, we should know and wait for an announcement
Non listmembers: No, how should they know these versions are not final.

At http://livecode.com/download/ there is link near the bottom labeled "View all Livecode Downloads"

Clicking on that link opens a folder with subfolders labeled according available version numbers. And in folder 6.5.2 there are Installers for the community and the commercial version. Some have an additional rc in their names. But there are also installers without any rc  or dp in their names.

So one would assume these are final versions.

Either RR should label theses versions correctly, if they really are not final or RR should avoid placing them wrong labled in a public download folder.

Just imagine a new customer without access to the mailinglist where the announcements are posted, downloads such a "buggy" "wrong labled" version.
How should she/he know what is final and what not?

Regards,

Matthias