Char index

Nakia Brewer Nakia.Brewer at westrac.com.au
Wed Jan 29 04:01:44 EST 2014

Is there a way I can find out the char index for a chunk of text that may exists in a line of text of a variable ?

The char index function doesn't seem to be helping much.

Basically if a line in a variable contains "data_" (note;the portion after the _will vary so I can't check the full word) I want the charIndex of the d..

Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone
COPYRIGHT / DISCLAIMER: This message and/or including attached files may contain confidential proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from using, reproducing, disclosing or distributing the information contained in this email without authorisation from WesTrac. If you have received this message in error please contact WesTrac on +61 8 9377 9444. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications.