Alternating Row Colors of a Data Grid

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 28 14:27:25 EST 2014

I seem to have found it in the Data Grid script. It seems to be located in this part of the script.

private command _table.DrawWithProperties pSetVScrollTo, pForceRefresh
    ## We only scroll by entire records so if any scrolling is supposed to occur then
    ## start 1 higher
    if pSetVScrollTo > 0 then add 1 to sTableObjectsA["base sequence for visible controls"]

    _table.DrawControlsInRealTime pForceRefresh
    if sTableObjectsA["base sequence for visible controls"] mod 2 is kAlternatingRowModValue then
        --set the top of graphic "dgAlternatingRows" of me to the top of group "dgAlternatingRowsMask" of me - sControlHeights
    else
        set the top of graphic "dgAlternatingRows" of me to the top of group "dgAlternatingRowsMask" of me
    end if
end _table.DrawWithProperties

The code commented out seems to do the trick and does not on the face of it affect anything else.

--set the top of graphic "dgAlternatingRows" of me to the top of group "dgAlternatingRowsMask" of me - sControlHeights

All the best

Terry