SQLite and FTS in LC 6,5x

James Hale james at thehales.id.au
Tue Jan 28 02:39:39 EST 2014

> I found an old stack that uses an sqlite FTS4 table and it seems to work
> fine in 6.5, including loading the data into it.
>
> Are you using FTS3 or FTS4

I am using FTS4.

I just tested my population routine under 5.5.3 and 6.5.1

Under 5.5.3 the routine successfully inserts the text data into the FTS table. Some 7112 records!
I checked the table was populated and also accessed the search functions. All was well.

I then cleared my databases and relaunched the stack under 6.5.1
Tracing the SQLite routines I came to the small FTS insert sub handler and stepped through it.
After a single pass through the repeat loop I checked the result variable.
It was quite explicit: "No FTS4 Module"
And sure enough, when I let the routine run its course and looked at the table with me SQLite editor the FTS table was empty.

Now the only difference is the version of LC I choose to run.
The actual stacks and source material in both cases were the same.

I can only conclude that the FTS module is not compiled in my copy of LC 6.x
(I write 6.x as this hasn't worked since the release of 6.)

Time to ask support.