Go to card [with effects] is slow on Android

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Sun Jan 26 11:08:45 EST 2014

Al,

I first tried Demo.apk, and it refused to install at all on Android 4.1.1.

I opened demoMC27_no_sounds.livecode in LC 6.5.2 RC1 and added a
preOpenStack containing set the fullscreenmode of this stack to "ExactFit",
then I clicked Test.  It opened fine on my tablet, and when I got to the
screen transitions page, I was amazed.  All (yes, "ALL") of the effects
worked, yet the LC documentation claims that only a couple of effects are
compatible with Android.  Speed was ok for a demo, but for an interactive
app like mobile users have come to expect, the transitions still feel slow
to me.

~Roger