Using live Code in English primary Schools

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 10:53:14 EST 2014

On 25/01/14 17:27, Stephen King wrote:
> Hi
>
> My wife is a teacher and is considering Live Code in a new Computing lesson at Primary level or more senior students at Special schools (she actually teaches at a Special school where the academic level may be equivalent to primary).
>
> Does anyone have any references to using Live Code in primary schools? Ideally English as they have a specific curriculum, but others if not. The main interest is what sort of programs can be easily implemented at this level, examples or getting started guides.
>
> This is very much early days yet but the interest is there, so any information would be appreciated
>
> Cheers
> Steve

Do you mean that your wife wants to teach her pupils to program,
or that she wishes to use Livecode to write programs to use with her
children?

Obviously what happens next in our conversation will depend to a very
large extent on your answer :)

I am an EFL teacher of some 25 year's standing who has taught EFL at all
l;evels from Primary to University,
and, perhaps more to the point, have developed many programs for use
with Primary children, and taught
Primary children elementary programming.

So . . . ask away.

Richmond Mathewson.

P.S. What do you mean by "special" in "Special Schools"? If the answer
is "physically handicapped" or
"societally maladjusted" I can probably help you rather better than
"mentally handicapped"