[OT?] Bad news???

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 12:55:25 EST 2014

On 24/01/14 19:46, Alejandro Tejada wrote:
> John Dixon wrote
>> I asked if they could set some time aside so that I could show them what
>> the x-talk languages and 'liveCode' were all about and how they could
>> excite the children into learning something about computing by actually
>> building little programs instead of learning how to write their CV at
>> twelve years of age !...
>>
>> They had absolutely no interest in seeing something, which to them would
>> have been new... unfortunately, this time the expletives burst forth,
>> moments before I stood up in disgust and left the building...
> In the country where I live, the situation is no better.
>
> Then, Why Scotland is the exception?

Scotland and Scots have a proud history of innovation and
invention . . .

Ask any Scot and s/he will inform you that everything, ultimately, was
invented by a Scot.

After doing that pick a citizen from another, similarly small country
and suggest that, perhaps, something was NOT
invented by someone from their country and run like hell-for-leather!

Joking apart; the Bulgarian pepper roaster was invented by that
well-known Scot, Ivan Ivanov.

Richmond.