Length of iOS Mobile field list problem.

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Fri Jan 17 12:54:40 EST 2014

Hi there,

There is something really weird going wrong with mobileControlGet
for LiveCode in iOS. When I get the MaximumPixelLengthOfField it
first reports 15022. If I jump to that location to see the last line, I
discover that it really isn’t at the end of the field at all.  After
physically scrolling down the rest of the field my pixel counter
tells me that the end is really at 18500 for the last line of text.

That wouldn’t be so bad, but then when I tell the field to scroll
back up to the top of the field and do the same thing again, this
time it will tell me that the end of the field is at 30217, even though
I started back at zero.  If I jump back pixel 30217, the field isn’t at the
end, and I have to physically scroll down to the last line of text again
which ends up at yet another larger number.

Is this a know bug?

It is really screwing up my scaling process so that I can't know where
I am in the list.

put mobileControlGet("ListOfText", "contentRect") into VarContentRect
put item 4 of VarContentRect into VarMaximumPixelLengthOfField

Suggestions?  Work arounds?

Thanks,

Rick