pageHeights ignores new line properties in fields?

David Epstein dfepstein at comcast.net
Wed Jan 15 19:43:26 EST 2014

I find that the pageHeights function does not take account of the
newer lines-in-fields properties like padding, spaceAbove,
spaceBelow, etc.  If I set the scroll of the field to line 1 of the
pageHeights of that field, it will ordinarily put the first line of
"page 2" at the top of the field.  But if I have, say, set the
padding of line 3 of that field to 15, setting the scroll in this way
may result in only the bottom half of a line of text appearing at the
top of the field.  (It might accidentally work properly for some
cases, but trying a few different values illustrates the problem.)

Can anyone confirm this, and has anyone already scripted a workaround?

Thanks very much.

David Epstein