Subscription Issues - Lists.Runrev vs Runrev.Nabble

Ender Nafi Elekcioglu endernafi at keehuna.com
Mon Jan 13 16:56:01 EST 2014

As I suspected,
Nabble does crawl the user lists and create an unregistered account using the subscription e-mails.
So, the moment I subscribed to list, Nabble created an account for that address and that’s why I can’t update my old one.

Unfortunately, I can’t remove my account without losing my older posts.
So now, I have to choose between losing my old e-mail’s posts or losing my new e-mail’s posts :/
It’s kinda Nabble’s fault of course, why does it crawl the lists and creates an account without my consent???
Any way, damage is done.
Rookie mistake :)

For future reference here is the recipe to update account:
1. Login to Nabble
2. Update your e-mail
3. Confirm the update
4. Unsubscribe from use-livecode list with your old e-mail.
5. Subscribe to the use-livecode list with your new e-mail.

Best,

~ Ender