[ANN] lcStackbrowser V2 Released

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 12 06:24:08 EST 2014

Thanks for replying.

Not quite sure what the issue is with the open source version.  Is it not OK
to have closed source add-ons to an open source package?  For instance, for
firefox or open office?

I can see that if it was an add-on which was packaged into a compiled
software package, this would be problematic, because if asked one would have
to release the source code, and would not be able to.

However, the fact that one has used a proprietary tool in writing an open
source package?  There are some closed source Python IDEs, and that does not
seem to be a problem.  DrPython I think is one.  Its only the source code of
the application that must be available, not the source code of what editor
for instance is used to write that code.

Or am I missing something?  Anyway, thanks, I'll download the trial version
and have a go!

Peter