Non-Ascii Chars in Filenames

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 10 10:29:52 EST 2014

Richmond wrote:

> It shouldn't be necessary to ask these questions; ASCII went out with
> the ark,
> and in this respect Livecode is seriously backward.

Yes, one might be tempted to think that the folks at RunRev took our
three-quarters-of-a-million-dollars and simply went to the beach in the
south of France living it up on good Champagne with nary a thought about
work.

But it seems what's actually happening is far less glamorous - for a
good understand of the scope of their Unicode challenge and the progress
they've been making, see this article from their newsletter:

Slaying the Unicode Monster
http://newsletters.livecode.com/august/issue155/newsletter1.php

--
  Richard Gaskin