Open all the scripts in one stack as a continuous document?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 6 16:56:18 EST 2014

On 1/6/14 3:26 PM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:
> J. Landman Gay wrote
>> Use Find and Replace in the Edit menu.  Set it up to search the whole
>> stack, scripts only.
>
> Could I see a screenshot of this option?
>
> In version 6.5.1, under Linux, inside the Code Editor
> the options:
>
> Replace
> Replace All
>
> only appears active, when I choose:
>
> Current Tab
> or
> All Tabs
>
> Not when I select any other option. :(

We can't include images here, but I can describe it. When I suggested
Find and Replace, I was actually thinking of the Edit menu item in the
main IDE menu, not the one in the script editor.

When the script editor does not have focus (so your stack is in front,)
you can use the general Find dialog to search all types of objects and
properties, not just scripts. I have used it, for example, to find and
replace content in custom properties, to change a term in all fields in
a stack, or to locate all buttons with a certain icon ID. This dialog
does allow replacements for anything it finds. To use it, first do the
search, then enter the replacement term and click "Replace All". There
is a long-standing redraw issue when the window first opens, and one of
its panes is hidden. To fix it, drag the window's resize corner slightly
and it will redraw correctly.

The script editor Find is a second option, and it will only replace
scripts with open editor tabs. If it finds other instances, it lists
them in its Search pane. You can click any line there to open the script
(or click several to open all the scripts) and then use the option
button to replace in "All Tabs".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com