quicktime issue on Windows - blank controller bars

FORD JR., CURT CFORD at mailbox.sc.edu
Sun Jan 5 18:54:53 EST 2014

A series of modules using QuickTime player bars for audio has been behaving well, but we've just gotten a note from a client with screenshots that show the player bars as blank rectangles; or, in some cases, where the player bar should be, there's a bit of text that was at that location in the card previously shown - so it looks like the screen just isn't being redrawn where the player bar is. Since these are audio files (.mp3), so there's no video in the player, just the 20px tall controller bar.

I've seen a similar effect where QuickTime isn't installed but the customer says he does have QuickTime installed. The problem shows up for him on Windows 7 and 8.1.

Any ideas, anyone?

thanks,

Curt