[ANN] MobGUI themes

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 5 13:23:35 EST 2014

On 1/5/14 10:24 AM, Vaughn Clement wrote:
> The image control question I have in the "How to" is the issue where an
> image control appears that it cannot be used in a background because it
> assigns any new image to all of the image controls on all cards in the
> stack. Is this true or is there a setting that can allow the function to
> work in the background?

That's just how backgrounds work. Any card that has the background will
display everything in that background group. To keep an image unique to
a single card, the answer is just not to put it into the background at all.

If for some reason you do need to have the image in a background group,
then you can test the card on every preOpenCard to see if it should display:

on preOpenCard
   if the short name of this card is "thatOneSpecialCard" then
     show img "myPhoto"
   else
     hide img "myPhoto"
   end if
end preOpenCard

which can be shortened to:

   set the visible of img "myPhoto" to (the short name of this cd =
"thatOneSpecialCard")

Maybe if we knew the reason you want the image in a group we can offer
other suggestions. There's a way you can script the image content to
change on preOpenCard, if that's what you're after.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com