There should be a "unique" option on sort . . .

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jan 4 20:02:48 EST 2014

> yes, or to only take the first that matches the sort key if sorting by
> other than the full record.

I can see it being slightly useful in certain cases, but it leaves me
feeling a bit queasy. I think it's unsettling enough that the sort
command sorts in place instead of being a function that returns a
sorted copy, and of course it's way too late to change that now. So
deleting items from a dataset while sorting them seems one more step
down that ladder. I do realize that you'd have to specify "unique"
explicitly, but still... if it didn't mess with the original data set
I'd be all over this.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com