When htmlText goes wrong

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sat Jan 4 15:49:31 EST 2014

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I just keep wondering, How many of these Unicode characters,
> written as HTML, displays correctly inside a field?
>> http://unicode-table.com/en/

​just as a goofy test, I set the htmltext of a LC field to the source code
of that URL….no translation   except to make the text black and readable.

It was not properly formatted for a field of course  (livecode doesn't do
CSS and tables in the same way), but I saw a string of many properly
displayed Unicode characters.​ It appeared as all banks were unique with
all their parts.

I'm sure there's a 'standard unicode test' somewhere.

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*