Try Again image control & Custom Control

Vaughn Clement vclement at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 15:18:39 EST 2014

Hi Pete

A few days ago I sent the following but RunRev said the body was to big,
that's crazy its only few lines of questions. The original email was
addressing images in a background that would copy from the library, but in
a background it was replacing all image control images in all cards.

Hi Peter (Second Try)

The season is about over now I can get back to the task at hand. I reviewed
all of the How to suggestions and like all past LC lessons I find that it
only points you in a direction, it does not fully answer the questions.

So to do a custom property to manage an image control where it is in a
background where the individual image for that card is saved to the image
control I have the following questions:

   1. I am using the device image library or camera to acquire the image.
   Q. do I need to save the image to the control i.e. name the item and store
   it in the document folder of the application? If I do this will it retain
   the image in the standalone app?
   2. I noted the saving the image to the custom property variable can have
   issues if the stack is not saved the images may be lost? Q. I noted the
   lesson with the two stacks launcher and application stack, this is an IOS
   app and I don't want to put the user through this effort. Q. What is the
   preferred method to retain the image in the individual image control, and
   not loose the image for that card.
   3. The current script approach retains the image in the image control,
   but adding the image in a different card treats the image control image
   like a global and replaces all of the image in the stack in the designated
   image control. Q. I would suspect that the custom property would control
   the content of the individual image control if; the image property is set
   to the card id, if the image is set to a variable that then puts the text
   of the image card id into Me. Or is there another way to address the
   ownership of the image being placed in the image control of the custom
   property?
   4. Going back to item 1 where the image name is saved? I would need to
   prompt the user to name the image and then save the named image to the
   document folder. Q. What happens at this point to set the image to the
   custom property and then the image control for that card?

The questions may seem basic to a seasoned LC user, but I am trying to
document all of the information in my codebook for later reference.

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
<http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: vclement at gmail.com
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062
Cloud Hosting Registration Web Site:
https://my.oditech.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41