Snapshot within a circle

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 4 11:29:50 EST 2014

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 16:12:42 -0800 (PST)
> From: Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at gmail.com>
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Subject: Re: Snapshot within a circle
>
> Aside from scripting considerations,
>
> Have anyone noticed how beautiful
> are these patterns when you reduce
> them to a fraction of their original size?
>
> They look like small jewels.
> Small and beautiful jewels...
> or galaxies, if you prefer. :D
>
> Al
>

> Message: 11
> Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 18:43:25 -0800 (PST)
> From: Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at gmail.com>
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Subject: Re: Snapshot within a circle
>
> Jim Hurley-2 wrote
>> Hot damn! It works!  (And I learned a important new feature of LC.)
>> Reversing the order in grouping the grc and image set the grc
>> BEHIND the image, as it should be.
>> And I had a misspelling in the path name.
>> The kids will love this feaure.Thank you all so much.
>> I have put a rough version in my public Dropbox.
>> Run in the msg box:
>> go url
>> ?https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47044230/KaleidoscopicPainterResizable.livecode?
>> There have got to be some bugs, so run it alone.
>
> Ah... but don't stop there. :D
>
> An easy addition, could be to allow kids to employ
> bitmap patterns and gradients within the graphic oval.
>
> Another easy addition is allow them to use Ink effects
> in the image myImage.
>
> (By the way, I found some impressive bugs
> on the xcompmgr composite manager while
> playing with Structural Blends)
>
> The possibilities to create astounding and beautiful
> images increase exponentially.
>
> Now imagine what the kids would do if you allow
> them to stack multiple kaleidoscopic images
> with different ink effects applied to each.
>
> I know the answer: An Art exhibition!
> Printed or in a digital display, these images
> created by the uninhibited mind of children
> will be a real treat for the senses
>
> Remember that you could add multiple undo and redo.
> as the user would like to see how the image will look
> before undoing and after redoing.
>
> You could show the user how the image will look
> before using Undo or Redo using a scrolling field
> or a scrolling group to show these thumbnails.
> It would be really easy to create a multiple undo/redo
> history setting the text of myImage to a saved version
> stored as a custom property of the thumbnail image! :D
>
> I made a stack to test this idea and it works.
> Tell me if you want to include it in your stack and
> I will clean up the test stack and send it to your mail.
>
> Have a nice weekend!
>
> Al

You’re right about the superiority of the smaller graphic background. Small is beautiful.

You are more the artist than I. I confess to have never worked with any of the graphic effects.
I tried all the different inks on the kaleidoscope image and none of them did much for me.
If any of the kids do more than just play with the app, I might look into it.

But the question I asked earlier got lost in all the snapshot talk.
I’ve seen the mention of the public version of LC.
Is that something I could upload to the library computers for the kids to work with?
Now public is it? Is it a crippled version of the commercial version?
Sorry, you see I haven’t been paying much attention.

(Damn, this MacBook Air locks up a lot under Maverick, and I mean a forced restart of the computer. I haven’t had a OS X crash like this on me for years. They say they’re working on it, but its been a long time now.)