LiveCode and SCRUM tools

Mark Wilcox m_p_wilcox at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 4 04:08:29 EST 2014

Scrum (there's no acronym, the name was mistakenly inspired by the co-creator thinking the scrum in Rugby is like the huddle in American Football) is a PM methodology so abstracted that it doesn't even assume software development, let alone a particular language. :)<br/><br/>The main impediment to using Scrum with LiveCode is that it's really designed for teams of 5-8 developers, smaller than that and it's too much process, larger and the communication and co-ordination methodology doesn't really scale. A team of 5 developers collaborating without fully functional version control is challenging. Kanban on the other hand can work well for a solo developer or very small team.<br/><br/>I think most people who've worked in decent sized software projects have thought about building their own tool for PM at some point because although there are hundreds they are nearly all terrible.  For software, Pivotal Tracker is one of the best, although not cheapest and