"send mouseUp to…" vs "click at the loc of..".

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 12:49:24 EST 2014

On 03/01/14 19:38, dunbarx at aol.com wrote:
> Hi.
>

> Did you used to do this sort of thing to invoke, say, a "mouseUp" handler in a button?

I use it with my language development software for linguists where an
on-screen keyboard has to be activated by the physical
keyboard. My on-screen keyboards consist of imported PNG images that
contain

mouseEnter

mouseLeave  and

mouseUp

scripts.

When an end-user presses a key on his/her physical keyboard a rawKeyDown
signal of this sort is sent to the corresponding image
in the virtual keyboard:

send "mouseEnter" to image "Letter27.png"   and the image obligingly
changes colour

when the end-user releases his/her physical key a switch statement in a
rawKeyUp script sends these two scripts:

send "mouseLeave" to image "Letter27.png"   and the image loses its colour

send "mouseUp" to image "Letter27.png" and something of this sort happens:

on mouseUp
   set the useUnicode to true
    set the unicodeText of the selectedText to numToChar(26789)
end mouseUp

Richmond.