Format function on LiveCode 6.5.1

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 05:08:34 EST 2014

On 03/01/14 01:38, Pierre Sahores wrote:
> Hi Al,
>
> Here is the results using an MBP running OS X 10.7.5 :
>
> Testing against LC 6.1.3 and LC 6.5.1 with same results in both cases :
>
> put format("%04s",17) --> 0017
> put format("%04d",17) --> 0017
>
> Hope your are definitively safe in about your recent Asthma crisis.
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Pierre
>
> Le 3 janv. 2014 à 00:21, Alejandro Tejada a écrit :
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Could you post your results of these code snippets?
>>
>> Write in the message box:
>> put format("%04s",17)
>> Write down the result and test this:
>> put format("%04d",17)
>>
>> Post both results, your LiveCode version
>> and your Operating System.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Al

Being one of those slobs who has, so far, only learnt the bits of
Livecode he needs for his own ends I looked up 'format'
for the first time; and very interesting it is too.

However I wonder who write that bit of the documentation:

"The valid incantations are as follows"

I suddenly had a vision of the 3 witches in 'that' play by William
Shakespeare standing round
a computer . . . LOL.

Richmond.