AW: Support for Mac OSX 10.5

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Feb 27 19:12:17 EST 2014

"like Lion and Mountain Lion, Mavericks doesn’t cost a thing. "

It costs a LOT if one can run 32 bit any more…  more bricks on the shelf.
Maybe Apple can shut up for a while now that they've forced everyone to 64
bit. It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't tried to axe popular apps with
completely new workflows. I have no feature in Mavericks that I would want
except to enable newer software, like Final Cut Pro X - if I can endure the
new workflow….and there's no demo available, so I can't even check it out.
It's supposed to be better now.

I'm still pissed about what happened to the REAL Final Cut Pro (7).

And Waveburner, their Brilliant bastard stepchild of a CD mastering
software.  Never heard of it? Not surprised.  (it was bundled with Logic
for years.) - no replacement offered. Those guys don't even know what
"mastering" means any more. It's not about 'crunching' plugins, it's about
workflow. Somebody that probably never used it made the decision.

 I guess the main excuse is about the Carbon/Cocoa thing. They "knifed that
baby" really good - and ignored and dismissed thousands of video
professionals that depended on FCP.  It's the arrogance that ticks me off.
Most went to Adobe Premiere, as Avid has even more downsides. Nobody's
really happy.

sqb

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*