Wolfram language

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Feb 26 12:35:12 EST 2014

Jim Hurley wrote:

> And, Richard, as a petty aside, that formula and graph in the forum you cite don’t “compute.”

Not petty at all.  It's just one more reason we love having you in this
community:  you help keep our math straight.

> But there is another significant difference between LC and what one might achieve in the new
> Wolfram-enabled LC.  One cannot plot a truly smooth curve in LC. The curve is always a set
> of line segments joining a set of discrete points. It is similar to the difference between
> bit map and vector graphics.

Hopefully that can change now that LiveCode uses the Skia library for
its graphics primitives.  If memory serves Skia supports Beziers - could
those be used for what you're looking for?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems