Support for Mac OSX 10.5

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 08:04:48 EST 2014

On 26/02/14 11:23, Dirk prive wrote:

<snip>
> Dropping XP seems to be a little more controversial, but it looks like this
> might be dropped as well, since MS won't support it anymore anyway.
> I guess support for the old platforms takes up time and needs to stop at a
> certain point in time. There is always a last version to use if you still
> want to compile for a certain target.

<snip>

> I also don't need support for 10.5 in new LC versions anymore.
>
> Dirk Cleenwerck

Dropping support for Windows XP would be fairly foolish (while dropping
support for 10.5 and lower will just elicit a tired sigh);

I don't know about anywhere else, but here in Bulgaria, in the "second
world", almost everybody has a Home PC, as well as a work one,
and with the exception of the Tax Office who run everything on DOS (!!!
I kid you not !!!), something like 80% of the installed base is Windows XP.

After the fiasco with Vista, an awful lot of people hereabouts don't
have the money to either buy more powerful machines, or upgrade their
existing rigs to cope with Windows 7 or 8.

Admittedly, in Bulgaria, something like 98% of people who run XP at home
use a pirated version . .  and we can moralise for hours to
absolutely no effect if we want to.

And it cannot be only Bulgaria that is in this situation.

Richmond.